One of my go-tos for easy weeknight meals (or a weekend snack) is creating various types of toppings for my flatbread. And if you’ve been following along, you’ll know that I just made a really easy baba ganoush recipe which you can find here. If you’re interested, I even have a video on how to make it, which you’ll find here. This recipe really isn’t as much as a recipe as it is more of an assembly of ingredients. The simplicity of it is what makes this SO delicious. I’ve the recipe below, but you can also watch the video that I made on how to make these delicious baba ganoush flatbreads! Enjoy!
Naan or any other kind of flatbread you like
1 cup yogurt
1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced
1 tsp dried mint
1 cup baba ganoush (see recipe here)
5-6 large olives, smashed and pitted
1 large tomato, sliced
2 oz. goat cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 tsp zataar seasoning
2 tsp Aleppo pepper (smoked paprika would be fine here)
1/2- 1 tsp maldon sea salt
olive oil to drizzle.
- For the yogurt sauce, combine the yogurt, cucumber, mint and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Spread your yogurt sauce onto your flatbread
- Spread baba ganoush over the yogurt sauce
- Add a layer of tomatoes
- Add the olives and goat cheese
- Sprinkle the flatbread with zataar seasoning, Aleppo pepper and Maldon sea salt.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the flatbread.
- Drizzle the flatbread with olive oil and cut into pieces.